WVEE (V103)/Atlanta Morning Man Frankski offers his radio rules for new talent:
- RADIO IS 75% PERCEPTION, 25% REALITY.
- To win, you must know PROMOTION & MARKETING well.
- EVERY MARKET IS DIFFERENT (what worked there, may not work here).
- To win listeners, win their Hearts & Emotions.
- Have substance!
- Change peoples lives for the better.
- Give people ideas, Where to go, What to do, How to do it to make themselves better.
- Give good information. (READ THE NEWS PAPER DAILY & WATCH THE HOTTEST TV SHOWS and TALK ABOUT IT.)
- Do the basics GREAT.
- Do a GREAT break EVERYTIME.
- Smile before you start talking, people can hear it.
- Speak clear and grammatically correct.
- No Idea Is New, just the packaging changes (i.e. Starbucks).
- No one cares who did it first, only who did it better (refer to # 1 & 2).
- No one cares who played it first, only who played it at the right time.
- Stay Humble.
- IT’S NEVER ABOUT YOU.
- Serve your community and give back.
- Always speak well about other jocks and support their events.
- Control the Music, Nothing Creates Memories Like A Great Song.
Thanks to Frank for sharing his insights.
Email Frank here.