Margie Zable Fisher from theprsite.com provides the top ten reasons why PR doesn’t work:
- The client doesn’t understand the publicity process.
- The scope of work is not detailed and agreed upon by both parties.
- The client has not been properly trained on how to communicate with the media.
- The client and the PR person or firm are not a good match.
- The client has not gotten results quickly enough and ends the relationship too soon.
- PR people don’t explain the kind of publicity placements a client will most likely receive.
- Clients don’t realize that what happens after you get the publicity coverage is sometimes more important than the actual placement.
- Clients refuse to be flexible on their story angles.
- Clients get upset when the media coverage is not 100% accurate or not the kind of coverage that they wanted.
- Clients won’t change their schedules for the media.
Great tips for publicity-seeking personalities and broadcasters in both small and major markets.